Funny I had to go all the way to Korea to learn some things. Things were learned; check out what I learned about myself in Korea. Enjoy and get ready for some new content next year! See ya’ll!
“Never attempt to win by force what can be won by deception.”
― Niccolò Machiavelli
10 life lessons I learned from Hannu (by way of Korea)
Before I became the fabulous person you now know and love, I had some major, major fucked up issues. Which is the reason I was teaching and living in Korea Land. Hello, pay attention. Anyway, Hannu, (otherwise known as The H), taught me a lot of lessons during our five year tenure together. Why the hell we were together for so long confused the hell out of both of us, but months later I know why. There was no way in hell we should have been together, (both of us were too screwed up), but we needed to be together in order to learn some much needed lessons. Just like he learned from me, I learned from him and to this day I still cherish the memories, and most importantly the lessons Hannu taught me. It would have been easier to just write a damn letter, but sometimes readers, you really need learn your lessons in person.
1. Choose your battles carefully. Some shit, you really need to let slide; others you need to be on it ASAP. The trick is to know the difference.
2. Never make a man choose between you and his children. You will lose. Every. Single. Time.
3. Some people are in your life for a reason or a season. Don’t mix them up!
4. I learned the value of truth. I now run a country mile from people who are living a life of lies, wrapped in deceit, and dipped in narcissism and self depravation.
5. I learned that I am a better person than I realized. I’m really not bad or evil; I just have times when I choose to be the bigger person in the room.
6. I learned not to have anyone take advantage of me. I am a strong person and I do not need to fear anyone.
7. I can be alone and it will not kill me. Well, unless I’m cooking meth in a faulty trailer in the middle of a run down trailer park with shitty electrics and no ventilation. Then, I could possibly die, so in that case I do need people around and with me.
8. No one can make me “feel” a certain way. It’s what I allow people to do to me and how I elect to react to the situation.
9. Just because you love someone can be the worse reason to stay in a relationship. Sometimes you need to just leave no matter how much it hurts.
10. An ending can be a great thing. It can be the push you need to do what you were destined to do.
Hannu, wherever you are, I know that you are now the man you wanted to be, but you just couldn’t be with me. I still wish you every luck and success. Strange I had to put six thousand miles and an ocean between us to get to this point. I am finally at peace with our relationship and us. Vaya con dios, mi amigo. Houston is a big city, but it’s not that big. I will see you again, possibly a lot sooner than either one of us expects.