Yeppers. I got my ticket to Korea. Insanity? Maybe. Anyway it’s too late; I’m not getting a refund for my ticket,
“Never attempt to win by force what can be won by deception.”
― Niccolò Machiavelli
Monday, October 26
She Got A Ticket to Ride
I got’s my ticket! Now, I’m off to catch a plane to Korea. Catch a plane. How does one go about catching a plane? Anyway, as usual I am digressing from what is going on here. Dudes, I’m leaving the country tomorrow and I am so nervous.
As per my contract, I will be reimbursed for my plane ticket, (they better), which is great. I have my visa, passport, money, so I guess I am ready to go. I think that I will exchange money at the airport in Houston; not really sure who will give a better exchange. Then again, I may wait until I am in the country. We shall see.
Go Time Final Things to do
While I am leaving tomorrow at some ungodly hour, I still have a few things to do. They are:
- Sort two large suitcases (keeping them both underweight/or at weight), pack a carryon and a large purse
- Book my share van or Uber
- Make sure I have tickets, money, passport.
- Say my goodbyes
- Head for the airport early in the morning at the ungodly hour of 5:30AM!
- Board two flights and arrive in Seoul
- Find a guy holding a sign with my name on it to take me to the motel for the next few days
- Hope I don’t get sick, fail the medical, then get sent home
Easy right? Anyone can do it, but then again this is me we’re talking about and I can never do anything nice and easy. Well, time to put down the wine and finish up. Here’s hoping for a smooth ride. See you on the other side.